basree-rakijan

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

To Sir With Love...


I met Cikgu Basri Palil when I was in Form 1 in 1975. He came from Parit Raja, Batu Pahat, Johor. In 1975 right after graduating from Temenggong Ibrahim Teacher Training College, he was posted to Sekolah Menengah Chaah, in Bekok Segamat.

My first impression of Cikgu Basri was that he was very fierce and strict. But all that changed after I know him better. I became very attached to him and spent almost everyday before school at his house. He taught me Geography. But I didn't really like the subject! I was more attracted to how he dressed to school. He always come to shoool with baggy shirt and a neck tie. In fact it was his signature style. After that many of my friends and I started to follow his dressing style.
I still keep in touch with him until today. It has been 32 years!

Today, Cikgu Basri lives in Parit Raja and teaches at Sekolah Menengah Tun Ismail. He lives with his wife, Kak Gee who also teaches at the same school. His 3 daughters are in universities now and sons still at primary schools.

I have a lot of unforgettable memories with Cikgu Basri. To me, he is the best teacher I have ever had! Maybe I will share them with you in future.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Cikgu Basri...???

    U Bugger!
    U BasrEE....
    u curi name orang jadi name glamour sendiri huh?

    By Blogger LyeSayHean, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home